UCP of DE's Programs
The goal of United Cerebral Palsy of Delaware, Inc. (UCP) is to provide programs and services that improve the independence, productivity, and quality of life of people with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities and their families. UCP aims to help all people with disabilities to live a Life Without Limits.
A common misconception of UCP is that the agency works only with persons who have Cerebral Palsy. UCP serves people of all ages with a spectrum of disabilities. The programs currently sponsored by UCP are:
- Camp Manito and Camp Lenape - Manito and Lenape are the only summer day camping programs for children with physical disabilities in Delaware. The camps are open to children ranging in age from 3 to 21 with Cerebral Palsy and a spectrum of other disabilities.
- Our Camp Manito facility also provides Holiday Respite Camp during Spring and Winter break. The participants enjoy the same level of care, education, and activities as Summer Camp.
- Case Management- UCP’s Case Management program assists families and consumers with disabilities, throughout the lifespan, to improve their quality of life.
- Housing Case Management – The UCP Housing Case Manager is a specialist who finds accessible and affordable housing.
- The Community Living Program is a service of temporary relief that enables a family caregiver to take a “time out.” Trained respite staff in wheelchair accessible vans transport adult clients to a destination of their choice. The funding for this program is provided by the Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities.
- The Client Assistance Program (CAP) is a disability rights program for adults with disabilities who are served by their state Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and other rehabilitation programs.
- The PACTT (Parents and Children Together at Tech) program is a cooperative childcare program between The Sussex Technical High School and UCP.
- Pioneer House
- Harrington House
- Harrington House II
- Dartmouth Woods House
- Garrett House Apartments
- Wilmington Manor House
- Harrington House III